Dish & Cable Channel Planner for India
TRAI has changed the rule for dish and cable channel tariffs so that consumer has the option of choosing channels which they view instead of the service providers forcing to choose the bundle.
The following excel will help you in planning.
You can click on “view full size workbook” button at the bottom right of the embedded excel or view the excel in full view at https://kannan.page.link/c6wA
- Go to “List of channels” sheet.
- Set values in column “Selection Order” as 1 or 2 or 3 etc. per channel based on your viewing priority.
- Go to “Pivot” sheet.
- Right click in the table area and press refresh.
- In “Selection Order” choose 1 and/or 2 and/or 3 instead of “All” based on your viewing priority.
- Scroll down and view the “Grand Total” to know the total price.
For latest pricing visit https://www.channeltariff.trai.gov.in/
EDIT: I just found out that TRAI itself has an web app which helps in determining the price using various choices. I urge you to visit the site https://channel.trai.gov.in/ and don’t forget to click that “Optimize” button at the top of the final pricing page.